Sunday, June 04, 2017

The Godfather

The Godfather arrived in theaters in 1972. I was 15 years old and had already read the book several times. I remember my parents seeing it when it first came to theaters and my father talked about it a lot. I must have eventually seen it with my friends, because I know I saw it in the theater. Back in the day it could almost take a year for a movie to get to our small town. When I learned that The Godfather would be shown on the big screen at my local theater, I invited Dad and he happily accepted. After seeing the film so many times over the years, it was interesting to watch a film in the theater when I knew exactly what was going to happen. Many of the scene's impacts are held in the element of surprise. I still marvel at the wonderful performances of the young actors and each shot is a work of art. I'm grateful to have been able to see this on the big screen again and especially to have shared it with my Dad.

No comments: