Saturday, March 18, 2017

Beauty and the Beast (2017)

I liked that the live-action version of Beauty and the Beast veers from the animated version. It is darker, it has new songs, it has a Beast I connected to better and there are good one-liners. They left out a song I really like, but there is more emphasis on the spoken scenes, which I did like. Technically, I have a lot of quibbles with the filming, but I think that's because it is designed for 3D and it's hard to recreate those magical sequences in live-action. I think some of the scenes are too intense for kids under 6. The little girl in front of me had her head buried in her Mom's shoulder for much of the movie. I'm guessing she was about 4. " I also heard a small voice during the end credits exclaim, "that was scary!" There will be an audience that will love this. The more I think about this movie, the more I like it. I cried at the end which really surprised me. I'd definitely see it again. Well done.

No comments: