Saturday, May 30, 2015

Animated Voices - Vulture Festival 2015

I learned of the Vulture Festival through a comment Tig Notaro made on the Professor Blastoff Podcast. The date caught my ear because I was going to be in NYC that weekend. I looked at the schedule and bought a ticket for a panel called Animated Voices on the Saturday afternoon. The Milk Studios are a beautiful venue and I chose a seat second row center. When the talented voice actors took the stage and read scripts as their characters, I was in heaven. Alex Borstein, John Roberts, Larry Murphy, Heather Lawless, Keith Lucas and Kenny Lucas were on the stage. They performed Who's On First, and scenes from Shawshank Redemption, Fresh Prince, The Breakfast Club and Mad Men. The funniest scene was the contract scene from Fifty Shades of Grey read by Teddy and Linda Belcher of Bob's Burgers. I think everyone in the room was crying because they were laughing so hard. Absolutely brilliant. This was a very well run event, and I'm going to plan to go next year and bring a friend!

No comments: