Sunday, September 29, 2013

Rush

For seven years I was in a relationship with a man who loved cars and car racing. He took me to racetracks and events once in a while. His knowledge was amazing. I called him the walking talking program. He made it interesting, and I developed a real appreciation of car racing and the people involved. The Formula One races are especially thrilling. In Rush, Ron Howard tells the story of a Formula One track rivalry in the 70s with heart and drama. The editing and sound are amazing. I have come to appreciate the thrill of the sound of a race car, Howard nailed it. The camera work is stunning and this film is so well crafted. I also was wowed by Chris Helmsworth and Daniel Bruhl. They bring the relationship of James Hunt and Niki Lauda to the screen with charm, passion and charisma. Great film, I'd see this one again.

No comments: