Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday Flick Picks 8/21/09

The big film release this week is Inglourious Basterds. Quentin Tarantino's wacky imagination, Brad Pitt's acting and Nazis. What a combination! Trying to manage my expectations so I can enjoy it. The Tent:Life in the Round premiere's tomorrow night at PPAC. A documentary about the Warwick Musical Tent that will delight locals. It plays in theaters next week. MOON returns to RI, this week at the Avon, check it out! Other indies worth a look this weekend, The Hurt Locker, Humpday, Easy Virtue, Unmistaken Child, In the Loop and (500) Days of Summer.If you don't mind gory bits in your futuristic sci-fi, District 9 is a very cool film that I really enjoyed. On a lighter note there's Julie & Julia, Ponyo, The Hangover, Bandslam, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and Funny People. For one of the best bargains in RI, check out the schedule at the Patriot Cinema. For $1.99 you can see films like, Star Trek, The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, Public Enemies, Bruno, Monsters vs Aliens and Ice Age:Dawn of the Dinosaurs. Not a bad line-up for the dog-days of summer. Enjoy!

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

Going to check out the 'Basterds' myself this weekend, and I think you nailed it with the exectation thing - I'm been all over the place with this one already and now I just want to set it all aside and see how I like it. Have a good weekend.

Linda said...

2D~I've seen everything from "brilliant" to "disappointing" so I am now at the point where I just want to see it myself. Almost feels like a task. Tarantino has yet to disappoint me. We'll see.....