Wednesday, June 04, 2008

NIFF 2008 Day 1

On the first full day of film festival, I was an usher at the Jane Pickens Theater. I was supposed to man the Information tent in Washington Park, but the rain drove us inside. The crowds were enthusiastic for a shorts program and two feature films. I tore tickets, edited intros and helped clean the theater after the screenings. Also, fun to chat with the other volunteers, and catch up on what folks have been up to during the year. So many interesting people. After getting so much enjoyment from film festivals over the years, it always feels good to lend a hand at this one, if only for a few days. I'm a little surprised at how much I enjoy picking up the empty popcorn bins to get the theater ready for the next screening. I guess it's like cleaning the house before company comes, somehow satisfying.

No comments: