Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Tribeca 2007 Day Five (final chapter)

The day started with breakfast at Bouley Bakery. We took a table on the sidewalk so my friend's dog could hang out with us. Got myself together and headed up to Chelsea. My choice for lunch was a funny little place called Trailer Park. From the toilet on the sidewalk next to the front door to the rolls of paper towels on the bar for napkins, this place was pretty kooky. The food was excellent and I saved the little silk flower on the toothpick that was stuck in my sandwich. My final screening was Normal Adolescent Behavior. A good film about the emotional seesaw of the teen years. When I came out of the film I had a text message from my daughter, telling me she was in the neighborhood. We met and shopped our way up 7th Avenue. She even found a hat to wear to the Kentucky Derby this weekend! We met my other daughter and her husband at 44 SW in Hell's Kitchen. Yummy Italian cuisine was enjoyed by all. After dinner we jumped in a cab and tried to catch the end of a show my daughter's friend was playing at the Cutting Room. We missed the show, but got to chat with the musicians before we headed home. It's been a great time here in the Big Apple ...... thanks TIFF!!!

5 comments:

Abe Froman said...

Bet you're exhausted. I'm always tired after coming home from a trip to NYC. I feel like I've been overseas when I get home!

2 Dollar Productions said...

The week sounds like it went as well as it could have, which is always nice when something lives up and exceeds expectations.

Nice one.

Linda said...

It was such a great time. All went as planned. I'll sleep well tonight, and back to work tomorrow. Fun having you guys along for the ride!! :) Next up, Newport Film Festvial in June! Stay tuned ......

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great vacation! I've only time to see "The Poughkeepsie Tapes" this year (seeing it tonight) and I'm really excited!

Linda said...

I had a great time Ryan. Enjoy your screening, nothing like the film festival experience!