Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Punks, Pervs and Primadonnas in DVD

In a break from Film Festival talk, there are several DVD releases worth noting today.

Alpha Dog is well worth look. Young punks in LA get into their share of trouble. Intense, well written and good performances.

Little Children spent very little time in theaters in Rhode Island, which is a shame, because this is one of the best films from 2006. Seeing Patrick Wilson in person last night, I noticed that he is as hot in person as on the screen!

Dreamgirls hits stores today, and I predict this one will fly off the shelves. Worthy of being in any film collection.

6 comments:

Abe Froman said...

I knew that about Patrick Wilson from his perfomance in Angels in America. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it for the beach scene =)

Abe Froman said...

I think my comment throws me under the "Perv" category of your title.

Linda said...

Angels in America is one of my favorites! The scene where he gets his ass kicked, and the last scene at Bethesda Fountain are my favorites.

Abe Froman said...

I go sit at the Bethesda Fountain every time I visit NYC.

2 Dollar Productions said...

I need to rent Little Children as it was the same thing with it in the theaters in Austin. And I missed it.

Linda said...

Little Children spent such a short time in theaters. It deserves a larger audience. Enjoy!