Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Brooklyn Rules

I took more away from Brooklyn Rules than just a wonderful film experience. I also took away the spirit of a film maker. Michael Corrente is the director on this film, he's worked four years to put it in front of audiences. The film opens in limited release on Friday, but Corrente brought the film to his home turf a week early. The Columbus Theater in Providence, RI, is the perfect setting for this homecoming. He introduced the film tonight, and spoke to the power of word of mouth, with a passionate plea for appreciation of quality film.

This is the story of three young men growing up in Brooklyn in the 80's. There is the mob, there are girls, there is family and there are life choices. This film tells a good story, has a strong cast, looks great and has a cool soundtrack. Well done Mr. Corrente! A film well worth seeing, I enjoyed it!! Look for it in a theater near you soon.

4 comments:

Abe Froman said...

Where's it playing?

Linda said...

In RI, it's at the Columbus Theater on Broadway in Providence. Beautiful old theater, Corrente upgraded the sound system himself. I think it goes to NY on Friday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda, I love listening to your reviews on PROFM! Gives me pause for thought on what to do over the weekend! Thanks!!!

Linda said...

That's nice to hear. I have a lot of fun doing it. Lots of good stuff coming out this summer, I'll keep you posted!! Stay tuned...:)