Thursday, April 05, 2007

What's a Grindhouse?

Two of my favorite directors, Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez , have collaborated on the film Grindhouse, one of this week's major releases. These two have been friends for a long time, and the combination is movie magic for me. I have not been this geeked out about a movie in a long time. Scouring the Internet, and watching the entertainment shows like they are oh so informative, I have consumed as much hype as I can before I find my way to the theater this weekend. Yes, I'm middle aged and female, but I love a good action film with lots of bad guys, machine guns and car crashes .... throw in a zombie any time you want! This double feature promises to deliver!

Grindhouse films were b-level exploitation films of the 70's, that would run one after another in your local theater (no multiplex back then). The genre was horror, slasher, zombie .... shocking and bloody was better. I'm not a huge fan of the slasher variety, but this film promises zombies and a serial killer who uses a car as his weapon, so I'm in. The more ridiculous,the better.

Can't wait for this one, stay tuned .....

No comments: