Sunday, April 15, 2007

Disturbia

Well, color me surprised at how much I enjoyed Disturbia. I love a good thriller, and this one delivers. A young man is restricted to home confinement, and his boredom has him watching the neighbors. Is he observing criminal behavior, or is he the victim of an active imagination and cabin fever? This story develops effectively. Though the climax of the film uses all the cheesy thriller devices, thunder, lightning, grainy video images, foreboding violin music, even duck tape, it worked for me. Keep an eye on young Shia LeBeouf, who carries this film well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was surprised to see the positive press on this one. A Rear Window copycat for teenagers done pretty well. I'll probably be renting it if I don't get around to a theater soon.

Linda said...

I think this will translate to DVD and cable well.