Saturday, April 21, 2007

Hot Fuzz

Hot Fuzz is a creative comedy. From the folks who brought us Shaun of the Dead (best zombie movie parody, ever) we now have a cop movie parody that is off-the-hook funny! Simon Pegg is pitch perfect as Nicholas Angel, super cop in London. He is transferred to a rural town that is not as perfect as it appears. Laugh out loud funny, with every cop movie cliche a target. Fantastic editing creates a pace that just runs the gauntlet of comedy. Oh yeah, and when the promo says "Big cops. Small town. Moderate violence" keep in mind, the violence involves spewing blood, lots of bang-bang-shoot-em-ups and one real ewwwww moment at the end. A fun romp as only the Brits can do.

4 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

I almost saw this movie this past weekend - and obviously should have. I'm not even going to mention what I saw instead, it's too embarrasing.

Linda said...

Comon ... give, what did you see??? How bad can it be?

Abe Froman said...

I roared during this movie. The actor who played Angel was perfect, and his character was great. I couldn't remember where I've seen the actor who played Angel (Angle...lol) until I read your review again and you mentioned Shaun of the Dead.

I wonder if the whole NWA thing working with the police was done on purpose?

Linda said...

There was so much satire in this film, you can bet nothing was coincidence.