Monday, April 20, 2015

Tribeca Film Festival 2015 Day One

Making my way into Manhattan on the West Side Highway I am struck by the sights of the Pier Parks, The Intrepid, glass buildings and The Freedom Tower. I arrive in Tribeca and drop my bags at The Cosmopolitan, deliver the car to a neighborhood parking garage and check in for my 13th year at Tribeca Film Festival. The night is cool and drizzly, so after checking in, I scoot across the street for soup and wine at Ecco! Once warmed, I take the walk to Battery Park City. Most of my films are screening at the Regal Theater. The renovations are complete, and the lobby of the Conrad Hotel adjoins the theater. It is very pretty. High ceilings, sculptures and fancy lighting give a classy yet warm atmosphere. I make my way up to the theater and arrive as they are seating the film Dirty Weekend. The film is intriguing and Neil LaBute gives an interesting Q&A. Walking back to the hotel, I watch a little Letterman while I unpack. Ready to tackle NYC, I go to sleep a happy girl.

No comments: