Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Misery Loves Comedy

For years I have been listening to Kevin Pollak's Chat Show Podcast. When he started talking about a documentary he was making called Misery Loves Comedy I figured it would be a while before I could see it. But when the film was accepted to Sundance this year, and Tribeca Productions bought the film, it landed in the spotlight seat at Tribeca Film Festival. Not only was I going to see the film, but they were adding a director's talk after the film. Take my money and give me a ticket!! In fact I'll take two and invite a friend. The film was a collection of comedians talking about their art, what's funny and what makes them funny. After the film, Kevin Pollak, Jim Norton and Lewis Black took the stage and spoke of comedy, the film, their careers and general joking around. Such a pleasure.

No comments: