Thursday, April 24, 2014

Tribeca Film Festival 2014 Day 3

I started my third day in Tribeca with a long walk along the Hudson in River Park. I got a little turned around when I got to Battery Park City because a lot of routes are fenced off due to construction. The area around the World Trade Center is a hive of heavy machinery, people going to work and tourists. Too congested for me, so I grabbed a coffee from a street vendor and went back to the hotel. I was meeting a friend for lunch in the East Village, so I gave myself time to wander the streets and shops of the neighborhood. Lunch at The Smith was lovely, and an easy walk across the street took us to the theater for the film Night Moves. I'm glad the director was there for the &A, because it helped me understand his intent in the pace of the film. Coming out of the theater into a sunny afternoon I decided to visit Washington Square Park and meander back to Tribeca through the West Village. A bit ambitious with the walking, I gave my feet a rest at Church Bar in The Tribeca Grand. Back at Edward's, I had a little dinner before going back to the hotel to change my shoes. I had one more thing to do, and the Barnes & Noble around the corner was just right. Picked up a few books for the kids. Back at the hotel I watched Letterman while giving myself a NY Foot Soak (warm soapy water in the hotel trash can). Another great day.

No comments: