Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Twilight Saga : New Moon

Anyone who knows me, knows I don't like to say anything negative about a film. The sad news here (for me) is that New Moon sucks. The pacing, the dialog, the CGI, it's awful. Does it stay close to the source material? Yes. Does it labor and suffer over unsupported romance? Yes. Do its fans and curious folks like me buy tickets? Yes. (to the tune of $140M wow!) Is there foreshadowing? Yes. The film continues the Twilight Saga, assuming everyone knows the characters and their stories. This is not a stand-alone film. I will say that the actors try, the writing is just horrendous. The fandom is amazing, and the phenomenon a real register ringer. I'm glad I saw it, because now I can voice my opinion, but I would not recommend it. The faithful dig it......

1 comment:

Zach Murphy said...

*Facepalm*