Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Fantastic Mr. Fox

Wes Anderson has taken the Roald Dahl tale of The Fantastic Mr. Fox, and adapted it to film. Engaging, clever and quick paced, the film works well. I am always impressed by the work behind animation, so whenever I watch a film like this, I am in awe of the craftsmanship. This film will appeal to adults as well as kids. Will Mr. Fox outsmart the farmers? Do right by his family? Do right by his friends? Plenty of smarts, plenty of action and plenty of funny. I enjoyed this film.

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

I wanted to see this one. Thanks for the review. I am getting so far behind in my movies, however, it's starting to get intimidating. Ha. Have a good weekend.

Linda said...

2D~Better get crackin'. Award season has begun and the films are coming fast and furious!! If you like Wes Anderson, you'll like this one!