Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Flick Picks 11/20/09

OK, the big deal this weekend in theaters is New Moon. I'm reading that it's not the disaster Twilight was, so I'll give it a whirl. Close behind on the PR wagon is The Blind Side, the trailer has been running in theaters and on TV for weeks. Reading good things about it. Surprisingly, Precious is playing locally so that'll be my first film this weekend. An Education arrives in RI art houses and gets a big "see it" from me. Antichrist is at the Cable Car, not sure if I have the guts to see that one. Where the Wild Things Are, Pirate Radio, Paranormal Activity and The Men Who Stare at Goats worth a look at the multiplex. Good times, enjoy!

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

Be curious what you think about Precious. Supposed to be good, but I'm not that excited to see it.

I'll skip Moon entirely as I've never read the books & I can't even imagine how jammed the theaters will be for that one this weekend. Ha.

I'm excited to see The Road, which opens pretty soon I think.

Linda said...

2D~I think The Road opens next week. Agree w/ you on that one. The reservation I have with Precious is the subject matter, but everyone's been raving about it.