Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Murder, Millionaire, Marley in DVD

Oh the joy, Slumdog Millionaire is out in DVD this week! The worthy Oscar winner is an edgy, heartwarming tale of love and survival. Another great rental is the French thriller Tell No One. Excellent film.

In my rental que is Seven Pounds. It was recommended to me, but I did not get to it in theaters. Dave Walker of badazzmofo recommended the film Special, so I'm giving it a look. Also of note, is the DVD release of the film Marley & Me. I don't need a sob-fest, so I don't think I'll be renting that one any time soon. Enjoy!

4 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

I remember thinking I should see Tell No One (Based on a Harlan Coben book, yes?). Thanks for the reminder.

Just watched 'Bottle Shock' last night - good rental, not a great film but enjoyable nonetheless.

Linda said...

2D~Yes, Tell No One is based o the Harlan Coben novel. Well worth seeing. I thought Bottle Shock was decent. Glad I saw it asa rental also.

Farzan said...

I was going to buy Slumdog on Blu Ray, but than I decided not to. Its an amazing film and easily the best film of 2008, but Im not sure I want to see it right away. Ill buy it soon, but just not now.

Linda said...

Farzan~I saw Slumdog Millionaire 3 times in the theater and absolutely want to add it to my DVD collection, but I don't think I'm ready to see it at home yet either. There was something about the theater experience with this film. I walked right by the display of DVDs in the store today, and decided to wait to own also.