Thursday, September 27, 2007

Tony Bennett : The Music Never Ends

Tony Bennett:The Music Never Ends is not a performance documentary. It is friends and collaborators talking about Bennett's career. Interesting comments on the man and the music are blended with performance clips. Watching the early clips, I think Bennett has improved with age. I had the privilege of seeing Bennett perform live, in a small theater in RI, in the mid-nineties. It was an overwhelming experience. When he sang "It Had to be You", my date had the presence of mind to put his arm around me. *sigh* A memorable night. One other encounter I had with Bennett was at the Tribeca Film Festival. He was in the auditorium when Martin Scorsese was set to talk about music in film. When recognized, he humbly stood up, waved, sat back down and was one of the audience with the rest of us. Clint Eastwood, Alec Baldwin, Johnny Carson, Harry Belafonte, Mel Brooks and more, pay tribute to the man. The joy that Tony Bennett has for his life, his art and success is truly conveyed. Bruce Ricker did a great job putting this together. I really liked the way this was edited. Well done .... check it out, it's in DVD now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey linda, I was trying to ask you a question and it is irrelevent to Tony Bennett. I was wondering what you thought of the new Rob Zombie's Halloween? How amazing is that kid...Hit me back...Kaitlyn

E mail me back Kaitlynm@thundermisthealth.org