Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The Movie Dollar

There is nothing worse than thinking halfway through a movie, "I paid money to see this?" Sure takes the fun out of it. There are a few things I do to try and maximize my movie dollar. First of all, thank goodness for the bargain matinee. The multiplex I go to most weekends has discount admission to all movies before 6 PM, an awesome value. The other great value is video/DVD viewing. The best value can be found at your local library, where you can find great home viewing selections for FREE, yes, I said FREE! My library has a great selection, and you can keep them for a week. This is where I'll grab films I don't know about or have a casual interest, it's low risk and you can find some real gems. You can also find obscure stuff video stores don't have. My favorites, old classics like Metropolis (first sci-fi film ever made... 1927) and King Kong!!! The other value is online DVD services. For a monthly fee, I can get DVD's in the mail for less than $2 per viewing. Any film I'm not sure is worth the theater dollar comes to me in DVD. They have incredible inventory and I'm not wandering aimlessly in the video store!

Out in DVD today is the Bourne Supremacy. This was a good action thriller, with Matt Damon returning to the role of Jason Bourne. Not as good as Bourne Identity, but still a good flick!

No comments: