Sunday, April 26, 2020

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

I have been listening to a podcast where 2 people who have never seen the Star Wars movies watch them in chronological order and discus each one with a guest who is a fan. I saw all of these films in the theater and have had a 43 year relationship with these movies, so listening to people who have not lived with these stories forever was highly entertaining. They actually became quite knowledgeable very quickly. This inspired me to really think about what movie in the saga was my favorite. I had recently watched A New Hope and being the first I saw will probably have a special place in my heart. But listening to them talk about Return of the Jedi, I was reminded of how entertaining it was, so I gave it a re-watch. It did not disappoint. There is nostalgia, action, battles and heart. Those crazy ewoks get me every time. This movie is worth watching just for the chase scenes. Great rental.

No comments: