Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Tribeca Film Festival Day 2

I decided to take a day off from the film festival to give myself a day in NYC. I had obtained a ticket for Sunset Boulevard on Tuesday at TKTS in Brooklyn, so I knew what my afternoon would hold. I was up early enough to take a walk in lower Manhattan. 8 Spruce Street was the goal to get a close-up look at the Geary Building. I met my friend Cathy at Tiny's in Tribeca for lunch. Cute spot, good food. Cathy confessed that I had planted the idea of a Broadway matinee and she was joining me on the subway to see Groundhog Day. Work be damned. Sunset Boulevard was amazing. Glenn Close is amazing and the crowd went wild at the end. A very fun theater experience. With time to kill before dinner, I wandered a little looking for street vendors to buy souvenirs then realized that the rain had made them scarce. A glass of wine at BEA fit the bill before meeting Allison at 44 SW in Hell's Kitchen. A hearty Italian meal and lovely conversation made the gray day much sunnier. Taking the train back to Tribeca, I was happy to have had a day with live theater and good company.

No comments: