Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Flick Picks 1/29/10

Thanks to all the crap dumped in theaters this January, it's been pretty easy to finish out the 2009 films as they trickle into RI theaters. I'm convinced that the only reason Avatar is still sitting on top of the box office is that there's not much else to see. I'll be checking out The Lovely Bones and Broken Embraces this weekend. Crazy Heart, A Single Man, The Blind Side, It's Complicated, Sherlock Holmes and Up in the Air are all worth a look. Don't forget, Oscar nominations are announced on Tuesday.

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

There is nothing out right now, and I'm still trying to see 'Avatar' (probably this weekend). I'm perversely curious about 'Edge of Darkness' . . .

Linda said...

2D~Last thing I liked Gibson in was Signs. Out on him since then. Be interested to see what you think of Avatar. Have a great weekend!!