Sunday, July 05, 2009

Whatever Works

Life philosophies are examined and explored in Whatever Works, the latest piece from Woody Allen. The film is a journey in self discovery for all the characters. I am always surprised by how much I like Woody Allen films. The writing is clever and the performances very relaxed. Larry David's character, Boris, takes us on a journey that examines life and how we live it. "Whatever works.." Lots of laugh out loud moments, a bit risque and very direct. I liked this one.

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

I'm going to catch 'Public Enemies' this next weekend, but glad to see this review as I couldn't decide about it. Still, I think the age gap between David & Wood is like 40 years, which is a bit disturbing. Ha.

Linda said...

2D~I'll be interested to see what you think of Public Enemies. I also had concerns about the age difference between Wood & David, but it is used as an effective comedic vehicle. It is resolved in a non-creepy way. I thought it was handled well. Whatever Works would be fine in DVD.