Sunday, December 07, 2008

Synecdoche, New York

Synecdoche, New York is a creative, crazy ride through the story-telling mind of Charlie Kaufman. A creative, play write, hypochondriac deals with his work, wife, daughter and lovers. Performers in his current work deal with reality, reality deals with the performers. The plot is a work in progress, the work is the plot. The performances are outstanding, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Samantha Morton are brilliant. Give yourself a few viewings of this one, I'd like to see it again.

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

I'd like to see this again too, and I agree that he performances were all strong, but I felt it just never quite pulled it all together in the end (at least for me).

Linda said...

2D~Agree that the lack of a cohesive conclusion is the weakest part of this film. It's in my DVD que for the next viewing.