Tuesday, October 21, 2008

JFK

After seeing W. I felt a hankerin' for more satistfying Oliver Stone, political fare. I stopped on the way home, and rented JFK and Nixon. With a running time of 205 minutes, JFK felt the most daunting to sit through. I started the film Sunday afternoon. By Sunday evening, I had experienced an intense crime drama with political conspiracy undertones. The victim, John F. Kennedy. The crime, his assassination. The criminal, Clay Shaw, the only person ever (unsuccessfully) prosecuted for the murder of our 35th president. Fascinating speculation and evidence. A huge, all-star cast makes the film all the more interesting (lots of TV actors) and Kevin Costner, as New Orleans DA , Jim Garrison, is riveting. Took me a while, but I'm glad to have finally seen this one.

No comments: