Monday, October 13, 2008

Indy, Inc, Intense and Icon in DVD

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull comes out in DVD this week. A fun addition to the franchise, worth a look. I saw the futuristic, wacky, political satire, War, Inc. at Tribeca Film Festival this year. A crazy ride, only for those with a taste for strong satire. 4 months, 3 weeks,2 days is a thoughtful, depressing drama, well written and acted. The subject is unwanted pregnancy and abortion, intense and sad. Mongol is a beautiful film that recreates the early life of Genghis Khan. A foreign film I enjoyed with both my parents, and had fun discussing with my daughter. An interesting week for DVD releases.

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

Mongol is coming out . . . excellent. Thanks for the tip as I made a note to rent that one as I missed it in theaters.

Linda said...

2D~On Mongol, it can be a bit slow and confusing. It helps to know a bit about the culture and their customs before you watch. Beautiful film.