Wednesday, November 22, 2006

For Your Consideration

In the summer of 2005, I was promoted to celebrity driver at the Newport Film Festival. My assignment was to drive Christopher Guest and Harry Shearer to all of their commitments. Being a big fan of both men, I was thrilled! They were charming, polite and funny and I was in heaven in the presence of these talented gentlemen. In the course of the day, they discussed a film they were going to make in the fall. That film was For Your Consideration. I saw this film Saturday and loved it. Now remember, I'm very biased. The subject of the film is Hollywood and film making, and I have met 3 of the principles in the cast, the writer and the director. For me, there were many inside jokes that made me laugh. The film is a fun, silly romp through the nonsense that is Hollywood. Specifically, the emotional roller coaster of award buzz and actual results. No aspect of the industry is safe from the satire that has become an art form for these film makers. Guest has assembled a veteran cast from his past films, with some wonderful additions. A fun film for the holiday season!

No comments: