Friday, September 01, 2017

100 Favorite Films

In early 2017 I read a challenge to name your 100 favorite films of all time. I thought it would be easy, so I started my list. It was harder than I thought. I have been watching movies for over 50 years. That's a lot of titles, especially in the last 20 years. Over the last eight months, I have added to the list in fits and starts. I finally feel like I can push the publish button. Again, these are my personal favorites, not a "best" list. All of the films touched me in some way and hold up to multiple viewings. This list is in no particular order. Enjoy.

The Godfather
Little Miss Sunshine
Casablanca
Chinatown
Sing Street
Pieces of April
Don't Think Twice
Moon
Mary Poppins
The Iron Giant

The Incredibles
Wall-e
The Big Lebowski
In Her Shoes
Pulp Fiction
Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
The Hateful Eight
Jaws
Die Hard
The Godfather II

The Shining
Being John Malcovich
Sing Street
The Dark Knight
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Taxi Driver
The Last Waltz
Goodfellas
It Might Get Loud
West Side Story

The Sixth Sense
Sunset Boulevard
Swing Time
Baby Driver
The Big Sick
Get Out
In the Heat of the Night
Footlose
Six Degrees of Separation
Colossal

Paris Can Wait
I am Not Your Negro
Monsters Inc.
Hidden Figures
Fences
La La Land
The Magnificent Seven
Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Ironman
The Beatles: Eight Days a Week

Love and Basketball
Hell or Highwater
The First Monday in May
Swiss Army Man
Ghosts of Mississippi
The Family Fang
Cabin in the Woods
Green Room
Elvis & Nixon
Midnight Special

The French Connection
Shaun the Sheep
Mad Max: Fury Road
Ex Machina
Grandma
The Revenant
Mister Rogers & Me
Starwars
Krampus
Backdraft

He Named Me Malala
Man On Wire
The Intern
Dope
Duck Soup
It's a Wonderful Life
Young At Heart
The Red Balloon
A Few Good Men
The Wrecking Crew

Sound City
Rudderless
Boyhood
Whiplash
Attack the Block
Murderball
Argo
Dogma
Tape
The Host

Ratatouille
Once
The Hours
All That Jazz
From Dusk Till Dawn
District 9
Angels in America
Slingblade
My Cousin Vinny
Juno

No comments: