Sunday, April 17, 2016

Tribeca Film Festival Day Two

Waking up in Brooklyn I am thrilled to see that the men of Colossal Media work weekends. They are hand painting a mural for a jazz festival on a building across the street. What a process, fascinating to watch. I take the dogs for a walk and head up to Chelsea for brunch at Americano. My friend Mary Catherine and I enjoy a tasty meal on their patio. As we are leaving Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban are arriving with their family. They seemed relaxed and happy and returned my hello as we passed. With time to kill we walk the High Line for a bit, taking full advantage of the spring sunshine. Our film is Dreamland, a Mrs. Robinson themed story by Robert Schwartzman. He conducted an interesting Q&A after the film. Back into the sunshine I return to Dumbo to feed the dogs. A drink at Read Street Pub before the film Custody fits the bill. The cast of Custody filled the stage after the film. A strong drama I really enjoyed. Viola Davis is a force. On the way home I end up in conversation with a traveler from Amsterdam. It is her first time in NYC and she is checking off an item on her bucket list. Interesting person. Back in Brooklyn I feel happy with a very full day.

No comments: