Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tribeca Film Festival 2013 Day Three

On Saturday I wake to another beautiful sunrise and the promise of a beautiful spring day in NYC. A nice walk around the hood with the pups and I'm on an A Train heading into Tribeca. With a half hour to kill before I meet a friend for lunch I head up Greenwich Street, navigating the Tribeca Film Festival Family Street Fair. Clowns, bands, games, food, beverage, Broadway music, you name it, both kids and adults were were enjoying this event. At the Moroccan restaurant Salya, I met a friend for a nice lunch. Panini and a Bloody Mary hit the spot. Back at the red carpet at BMCC I met another friend to get in line for Eastwood Directs: The Untold Story. 45 minutes before the film and the line was already down the block and around the corner onto Chambers Street. Having been in this theater the night before, I knew exactly where to sit. Front row, back section center. A perfect unobstructed view of the stage. The film was good. A love letter to Eastwood, his work and his directorial style from collaborators and friends. When the film ended the man took the stage with Darren Aronofsky and spent 40 minutes talking about his craft. He was genuine, funny, generous and SO Clint Eastwood. I left the theater with a spring in my step and a deep gratitude to Tribeca Film Festival for this event. A roundabout walk found us at the Tribeca Grand for a cocktail. A beautiful hotel, with a beautiful bar, serving beautiful cocktails. Mine was a cosmo. Cucina de Vino was our choice for dinner before I got back on the subway to return to the pups. I arrived back in Brooklyn tired and incredibly satisfied. The sadness of leaving tomorrow is starting to set in. Glad it was such a great day!

No comments: