Sunday, October 07, 2012

Tim Russert

Cleaning out a bunch of drafts, I came across this one from 2008. I still feel the same.

June 2008
It has taken me a while to digest the news of Tim Russert's sudden death for few reasons. He's one of those pleasant fixtures on television that has been so dependable, how could he suddenly be gone? Also, my father suffered a heart attack the week before (he's ok). It was all a bit surreal. I have been a fan of Russert's dedication to his family, his job, his audience and living life to the fullest. I am also grateful for the appearance of Mr. Russert in the, yet to be released, Mr. Rogers & Me. When I saw the first trailer for this film, I was struck by his enthusiasm, respect and appreciation of the work of Fred Rogers. I'm glad he gave the Wagners a bit of his time and insight. We are all better for the influence of Tim Russert, I hope I can keep his attitude in mind.

No comments: