Saturday, October 31, 2009

This Is It

On putting my thoughts together on the documentary This Is It, I realize that I'm not much of a Michael Jackson Fan. Yes, I like a lot of his music. Yes, he was an amazing performer, but I'm not a die-hard, gotta have all that is Jackson, screaming fan. This film struck me as a tribute to the performer and director of his art. Polite, diplomatic and firm in how he wanted things, it was interesting to watch. As a dance fan I enjoyed the first half of the film that really focused on the choreography and the dancers. The second half was more about Michael, the music and his creative process. As the film came to a close, I teared up as I thought of his family and mother watching this (which I understand they have not). It's a bit too soon, but a loving insight.

No comments: