Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen

Random thoughts after seeing Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen:

Found myself watching the sky and my back driving home. Every vehicle looked ominous to me.

The name Sam Witwickey still cracks me up.

I still can't tell the difference between an Autobot and a Decepticon in a battle scene.

Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf's characters should not be a couple. They are more interesting when they bicker, and it looks like they would rather run across the dessert than kiss.

Parts of the film had a very "Indiana Jones" vibe.

The phrase "visual glut" ran through my head as I walked to my car.

The smaller the Decepticon, the creepier they are.

Mudflap and Skids the most unnecessary movie characters, ever.

Still amazed at who survives the robot battles.

The audience cheered at the end of the film.

4 comments:

Farzan said...

Just saw this earlier today and thought it was really disappointing. I posted my review for the film and gave it a D+. The action was their, but I need a story to go along with it. The characters were hardly interesting and some were flat out annoying. Only thing good about the movie was the special effects and soundtrack.

2 Dollar Productions said...

I was wondering about this one . . . I can't believe it was like 2 hours and 20 minutes & I think visual glut is a great term for most any Michael Bay movie. Ha. Finally, I read about those two characters/robots as they seem to be causing some amount of controversy. Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything Farzan said. It was like letting someone yell loudly in your face for 2.5 hours while physically assaulting you. I honestly left the theater with a very slight headache when it was over.

Linda said...

Farzan~This one is not as good as the first. Story very weak and lots of random scenes and plot lines.

2D~There are better ways to spend 2 1/2 hours this summer. The idiot robots are useless and offensive.

Victor~This one was very frantic. Understand the headache.