Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday Flick Picks 2/13/09

Ah yes, Friday the 13th. I do not suffer triskaideakaphobia, and will not be in theaters with the fans of the franchise, when the latest rehash of Friday the 13th hits screens today. To those slasher-horror fans, enjoy! On a much lighter note Confessions of a Shopaholic opens for chick flick fans and The International for thriller fans. New in Town, Paul Blart:Mall Cop and He's Just Not That Into You are entertaining fare as well. The amazing Coraline is well worth a look. I will be at the Avon to see the French film I Have Loved You So Long, appropriate for Valentine's Day. Bolt has returned to RI theaters. Why do I mention that? Because it is the last of the Oscar nominated films I need to see to complete my project. Other Oscar nominees in RI theaters are The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Milk, The Reader and Slumdog Millionaire. All nominated for a Best Picture Oscar, and are playing in RI theaters. Other Oscar nominees you can see are The Dark Knight (in IMAX), Doubt, Revolutionary Road and The Wrestler. Two films I strongly recommend are Slumdog Millionaire and The Wrestler. Have a great weekend and Happy Valentine's day!

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

Ha. I wondered if you were a closet Friday the 13th fan . . . Me neither. I think I'm going to catch 'The Reader' tomorrow to round out my Oscar flicks.

Linda said...

2D~Never quite got on board with the slasher genre. I'll be interested what you think of The Reader. Enjoy!