Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Flick Picks 1/16/09

When I look at my old journals, I realize I have traveled to see film on this weekend for several years now. The most memorable? The "Blizzard of 2005 Film Festival" in NYC (not a sanctioned event, just my own creation). This weekend I'm headed to Brooklyn to visit my daughter. There will be movies, there will be food, there will be fun. I'm flying blind with no Oscar nominees yet, but I'm thinking there could be a music nom for Cadillac Records, so that may be the ticket on Saturday. In RI theaters this weekend, there are some good openings. There's Revolutionary Road, Notorious, Last Chance Harvey, Defiance, Paul Blart:Mall Cop and Hotel for Dogs. We've still got Slumdog Millionaire, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Reader, Yes Man, Gran Torino, Marley & Me, Bride Wars, Frost/Nixon, Doubt, Valkyrie and Milk. Lots to pick from, enjoy and stay warm!!

No comments: