Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Dark Knight revisited in IMAX

I finally went to see The Dark Knight in IMAX today and was not disappointed. The look and style of the film is so conducive to the huge screen. The scenes that were shot with IMAX cameras were obvious, and gave me that roller coaster feeling in my stomach that was missing in the traditional format. This film holds up well to multiple viewings. I saw things more clearly this round, and I don't seem to be able to get enough of Ledger's performance, truly brilliant. I'd see it again. If you have the chance, I recommend seeing this in IMAX for the full Dark Knight experience. I'm glad I did.

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

I was wondering how this would hold up on a second viewing, and I think you did it in the best way possible as I was sorry I missed it on IMAX the first ime around.

Linda said...

2D~I was glad to see this in the normal format first. That way i could totally pay attention to the visual in IMAX. I was surprised that the story held up as well. The surround sound was great too, not sure how many times I jumped!