Tuesday, April 29, 2008

TIFF 2008 Arrival

Tribeca Film Festival is in full swing, and today I arrived! After driving for 2 hours in the pouring rain, the skies cleared as I approached Manhattan. My first mission was to collect my tickets at the box office. A smooth exit off the FDR Highway at 23rd Street, and shortly I was in front of the AMC at 19th and Broadway. At the red light, we performed a little Chinese fire drill, I went to the box office, my daughter took the car into traffic. At the will-call window, they printed all the tickets I had ordered online, and I was on my way, took 5 minutes. Great new system! I called my daughter, who had rounded the block, and was back in the spot I had left her. I jumped in the car and we headed south, sweet! The rush hour traffic wasn't too bad, Liza navigated like a champ. Dropped the car at the parking garage and checked into the hotel. Liza's boyfriend, Ryan, met us at the Italian restaurant, Ecco!, for dinner *yum*. The kids headed back to Brooklyn and I took a walk down Chambers to see what was going on at the Performing Arts Center. Watched the red carpet for Finding Amanda, looked like most of the folks were in the press area. A big limo bus emptied out in front of me, but no one I recognized. Took a slow amble back to the hotel. Spoke with Melanie and Lucy and planned our rendezvous for tomorrow. Happy to be back in Tribeca, stay tuned .....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh,Chinese fire drill~fond memories.

Linda said...

Dianna~Shoulda seen me running around in Manhattan rush hour traffic!!