Monday, January 08, 2007

Misdirection in DVD

On a lovely summer afternoon, I decided to see The Illusionist. I figured it would be a small crowd. I was early to the theater, so I thought I'd take a walk around town. As I came up on the theater, there was a line out the door, so I thought I'd get my ticket before I took a walk. Everyone was saying "The Illusionist". I decided the walk was out, so I went into the theater. There I sat, 20 minutes early, as the theater slowly filled. I thought I was at an event! The audience was enthusiastic and applauded at the end. Out in DVD, this film is well worth seeing. A period mystery, where nothing is as it seems.
Another film in DVD, where things are not as they seem, is The Night Listener. And for a crazy action / crime flick check out Crank.

No comments: