Friday, June 09, 2006

NIFF Day Four

I was very nervous about picking up Diane Ladd at the airport today. I had been told not to be late, be sure to bring her here and here, I was given the impression she would be demanding. The woman that stepped off the airplane was lovely, friendly, charming and funny. Her husband, Robert, was kind to me from the minute we met, and has a wonderful sense of humor. The policy at the hotel is to greet the guests with a glass of champagne, and Ms. Ladd invited me to join her in a glass while we exchanged phone numbers and went over the schedule for Saturday. I'm looking forward to spending the day with her tomorrow!

After I left Ms. Ladd, I went over to the party to check in. Many people from past film festivals were there! It was a little NIFF reunion, so good to see everyone!

No comments: