Thursday, November 24, 2005

Pieces of Thanksgiving

One of my favorite holiday-themed movies is Pieces of April. On Thanksgiving Day, we watch April prepare dinner for her family, who is coming from suburbia to NYC for this dinner. When we meet the family, we find out that April is the blacksheep of the family, and they are less thatn thrilled to be leaving the 'burbs to spend the day at, what they are sure will be, a disaster meal. An interesting road trip begins, and we periodically check in to the problems April has with her holiday prep. Poingnant and real, this film touches me.

This Thanksgiving, I took my first road trip to a meal outside of my tradition. Unlike April's family, I was excited to spend the day with M and J and my new son-in-law's family. The travel was smooth, the company a delight and the food, delicious!! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky! I'm counting the hours, 11 to go at this point, til my company leaves. I can't tell you how many times I think of the button that says "Help me, I' turning into my mother". Pray for me. I need it.