Monday, July 11, 2005

I Wish We Made Chocolate

I work in a factory that makes plastics. We have a lot of big tanks and drums and crazy looking machines to make our products. A friend stopped by today with her grandsons who are 8 and 7 years old. They wanted to see the factory, so I gave them a little tour. When you are not quite 4 feet tall, our machines and tanks look very big and very impressive, they kept saying things like "wow" and "cool"!! As I handed them some plastic pieces we make, as souvenirs, I found myself thinking about the trailer I saw over the weekend for "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", due for release at the end of this week. For a second I wished I was Willy Wonka, and was sending them home with a candy bar!! As I snapped out of my movie fantasy, I got a hearty thank you from the wide-eyed boys.

I can find a movie tie-in anywhere!!

No comments: